viernes, 16 de marzo de 2018

A Long Time Ago

Por Mauricio Vélez Espinosa
Temática Otro idioma


I took a white sheet; I knew I had an honor debt to pay. I held the pencil with my trembling fingers, with a countless of emotions crowding in my throat. I supported the tip on the paper and I kept it in an eternal point.

I had a lot of things to tell him, a lot of time to recover that it seemed an impossible. I knew the crack kept expanding with every year, and the distance was eroding the memory. I calculated that his birthday would be a perfect opportunity to walk the distance that was breaking up us. 

The pen began its journey through the paper with a "Dear Dad". Immediately, I wrinkled  the paper and threw  it to the  floor with reluctance.  Then I  tried to write  a simple "Dad." For the first time in over a decade I let my feelings flow, impregnating the paper with my contained emotions. I signed and closed it  without rereading.

I searched for the car keys and left. I drove trying not to think about the letter. I arrived to my destination and stayed there motionless for several minutes. I got off the car, I crossed the iron gate and walked steadily. I knelt to the grave and I dropped the letter next to the cold marble.

2 comentarios:

  1. Wow!... amazing!.... the human being is stubborn, does not learn tu value, nor to love, and less to feel together with their loved ones, to wait for death, is undesrtand too late the value of time

    ResponderEliminar
  2. omg, I really felt this story. So emotional, so strong, so fantastic and real. Thank you very much for sharing this with us and for having let us experience a bit of what was inside your hart and mind when you wrote it. My sincere congratulations.

    ResponderEliminar